Hello readers.... another post in this holy month of Ramadan. Yes...today it will be labeled under recipe and food. Actually again this recipe is not mine.. but it is from the net. The story of this recipe goes back two days ago. While I was "lepak-ing" at Aziz's house after solat terawih...Aziz showed me this recipe from the internet. He said the name of the dessert was Kuih Sejuk (direct translation Cold Kueh.. weird huh), and I was "What???" because I never heard such name for a kueh... When he showed me the recipe then I know.. it is just the same with what my Kak Ngah always make when her friends come to visit her (not much for her family though)...what make it different was that the original one did not use any sweet corn in the pudding, but my sister use it in her recipe. SO that night we make it together and here is the recipe...
1 cup of custard powder.
5 cups of water.
1 can of sweet corn.
1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- On a stove boil the water first and add the sugar.
- Then add the custard powder. Make sure u mix it well.
- Then add the sweet corn and mix thoroughly.
- On a medium fire mix until the mixture colour turn from light yellow into glazing yellow (kuning lutsinar) and the texture become stickier (pekat dan likat).
- Put the mixture in a mould and let it cool down before you put it in the freezer.
1 can of condensed milk (or we always call it carnation milk)
1 can of fruit cocktail (mix fruits).
1/2 cup of water.
4 tbsp of sugar.
1 tsp of vanilla essence.
1 tbsp custard powder.
- On a stove boil the water and add the sugar.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Then add the custard powder and stir well.
- Lastly, add the fruit cocktail.
- Let it cool and store it in the freezer.
This dessert is very easy and you can make it in a large sums. It is much better for you to make it the night before you want to eat it. So that you can make sure it will be very cold when you want to eat it. Do not worry that the pudding will not be that sweet, the cocktail will be much sweeter. Hope all of you can try this very simple recipe... Good Luck!!