5-7 potatoes (depending on the size..if it bigger use less)
2 tbspn of curry powder.
2 tbspn of blended dried chillies.
3-4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
2 tbspon of blended onions.
Mince meat or even sardines, or tuna depends on what you like.
Salt to taste.
Oil for cooking.
- Cut the potatoes in small cubes and boil it for a while - until a little bit soft (My mum said to get rid the taste of "pahit" of the potatoes.
- Heat the oil - add the blended dried chillies fried it and wait until it fragrance (or pecah minyak that what I always do) - Add the garlic and onion.
- Add some water to the curry powder and fried it along with the other ingredients.
- Then you can add the meat, sardines or what so ever additional things that you like.
- Finally add the potatoes, mix it well and let the filling cool down for a while.
The Skin (Pastry).
500 gm of flour.
3/4 cup of hot melted butter.
A little warm water (add some salt).
- Add the melted butter into the flour and mix it well - Make sure that the melted butter is still hot.. really hot.. my mum said if not the skin will not by crispy when you fried the curry puff.
- When the flour is well mix with the butter add water bit by bit not to much at a time (You can feel the texture of the flour when it is ready).
- Then knead the pastry according to the size of the curry puff that you like.
p/s: This recipe can make about -/+ 20 curry puffs.. depending on the size that you make.